Too often authors wait to consider treating their writing as a business
There’s more to being an indie author, or authorpreneur, than just writing books and uploading them on the distribution sites.
If you’re like many authors, you haven’t had much, if any, business experience or training.
Whether you’re a beginning author, or more experienced, you don’t have any idea what it takes to manage the business side of your career.
But you want to set the foundations for your indie author business for success.
I can help!
Trust someone with both publishing
AND business experience!
As an indie author, I’ve traversed the publishing world and figured it out. So far, I’ve published 7 books, with two more coming out soon.
Combined with my 25+ years of experience working with small businesses, including being a CFO of a multi-million, multi-national company, I know what you need to treat your writing as a business, manage your money, and use your accounting data to make better decisions.
I’ve used these same tools and pricinciples in my own indie author business.
During the intensive, one-on-one, Business Development for Authors Done-in-a-Day VIP day, we’ll go through what you need for your author business. We’ll examine what you need to set the foundations for your business.
- The business structure choices available to you
- Separating your personal and business life
- Your business goals
- Your mission statement and reason for writing
- Your accounting system
By the end of the day, you’ll now have a plan of action to follow to start, or build, your author business with assurance it will have the foundations for success.
My Done-in-a-Day VIP Days Are a Good Fit If:
- You want to fast-track your author business
- You’ve written your book and don’t know what to do next to Indie publish it
- You’ve published one or more books and what to improve your author business
- You write fiction (especially genre fiction)
- Fantasy/Science Fiction (Adult or YA/NA)
- Romance (any flavor or spiciness)
- Thriller/Supernatural Thriller
- Mystery/Cozy Mystery
- And others
- You write nonfiction
- And others
I love working with nonfiction authors, especially women, in the occult/pagan communities, coaches/guides, healers, thought leaders, creatives, and mystics. I believe you have wisdom to share in your books and stories, and I want to help you do that as an independent publisher.
My Done-in-a-Day VIP Days are NOT a fit if you write:
- Christian fiction or nonfiction
- Children’s books
- Hateful, racist, misogynist, anti-LBGQT+, white supremacist, etc.